Wellman, Wellwoman and Well-athlete clinic
Pro Sports Medicine offers bespoke clinics to evaluate the physical health of their patients. A thorough clinic examination and extensive investigation of blood tests can evaluate the overall physical health of an individual and identify any at risk health areas or reasons why you aren’t operating at 100%
Usually, the doctor provides valuable piece of mind that the systems of the body are working well on a physical and biochemical level. However, prevention is better than cure and it is best to identify any subtle abnormalities early so they can be dealt with as quickly and effectively as possible to ensure a successful outcome.
We at Pro Sports medicine understand it's the fine margins that make the difference to athletic performance. We offer specific well-athlete clinics that expose our patients to the level of physical examination and blood profiling that is offered at the top level of sport. A physical and biochemical examination of the athlete ensures there are no deficiencies or hormonal imbalances that would effect athletic performance.
The well athlete assessment includes physical examination by the sports doctor and testing of the athlete’s blood for the following markers depending on individual need:
- Full blood count – Haemoglobin, white cell counts, platelets, iron
- Liver function – proteins, globulins, liver enzymes, bilirubin
- Renal function – sodium, potassium, urea, creatinine
- Thyroid function – TSH, T4
- Hormone function – testosterone, oestrogen, prolactin, growth hormone
- Vitamins and minerals – Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, folate
- Bone profile – Calcium, Phosphate
- Lipid profile – cholesterol, HDL, LDL
- Prostate profile - PSA
- Menopause profile – oestrogen, LH, FSH
- Diabetes screen – glucose, Hba1c
A bespoke package of the above can be arranged based on the athlete’s needs.